Hasbrouck Heights Middle School
365 Boulevard Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
Mr. Joseph Mastropietro, Principal
Mr. Frank D'Amico, Vice Principal
Office Hours- 7:15AM-3:15PM
Main Office / Attendance (201) 393-8170
Middle School Entrance (Students ONLY): Door #15
Parents & Visitors to the Middle School must use Door # 1 on Boulevard (Main Entrance)
AnnouncementsUpcoming Important Dates:
October 30th: Junior Aviator Halloween Dance
October 31st: Jr. Aviator Halloween Dress-Up
November 2nd: BETA Club Induction
November 7th: No School (Election Day)
November 8th: End of MP 1
November 9th & 10th: No School
November 14th & 15th: Jr. Aviator Book Fair
November 16th: 1st MP Reports Available
November 22: Single-Session Day
November 23rd: Thanksgiving Break
December 7th: End of Cycle 2
December 8th: Start of Cycle 3
December 8th and 9th: Junior Aviator Play
December 20th: MS/HS Winter Music Concert
Main Office/ Attendance‐ Mrs. Mason (201) 393‐8170
Middle School Principal- Mr. Mastropietro (201) 288-1218
Middle School Vice Principal- Mr. D’Amico (201) 338-8815
Main Office Clerical Assistant- Mrs. Behr (201) 338-8169
Main Office Fax # (201) 288‐2083
Guidance Counselor (A-L) Mrs. Gesell (201) 393-8167
Guidance Counselor (M-Z) Mrs. O’Hagan (201) 393-8156
Nurse‐ Mrs. Neumann (201) 393‐8160
Child Study Team (201) 393‐8150
Student Assistance Counselor‐ Mrs. Christianson (201) 288‐1426
MIDDLE SCHOOL GOALS: 2023-2024
Throughout the 2023-24 school year, all assessments will include the standards being assessed. Common Assessments will be tracked on Google Sheets. Link It Data will be utilized by teachers to enhance weak areas. The principal and Vice Principal will also review Lesson Plans, SGOs, LinkIt Benchmarks, Marking Period Assessments, and Google Data Sheets.
1) Marking period assessments with cover sheets in all subject areas
2) LinkIt Benchmark Assessment
3) Data Sheets including Math IXL, Social Studies Writing, Science
IXL, Language Art Writing, and Writing Samples in Elective Courses
4) SGO’s with standards and student grouping/results
5) Lesson plans weekly in Google Teacher Folders
The Middle School will be focused on student growth in all content areas with a strong focus on
ELA and Mathematics.
1) Student Growth measured by LinkIt, SchoolWide, IXL, and Go Math
2) Implementation of SchoolWide and IXL to all students
3) Restructuring of ELA and Math Courses aligned with the curriculum
4) Continued Planning with Grade Level and Department (vertical and horizontal articulation)
The Middle School will continue the high level of communication with all of the community stakeholders.
1) Friday Folders updates weekly (plus monthly "Mondays with Mr. Mastro."
2) Guidance Newsletters
3) Opening of School (Summer Reading/Supply List/Orientation/Handbook/Schedules/Drop off procedures/Opening Day Letter/Opening Day Assurance Sheet/Class Syllabi/Back to School Night/Title 1 Night (Virtual)/Extra Help Schedule/Important Policies)
4) Middle School news information & articles in the town electronic newspaper (TapInto) involving academics, clubs, and activities.
5) School events including Middle School Play/Geography Bee/Spelling Bee/Beta Induction/Book Fairs/Music Concerts/School Play/Field Trips (including overnight)/Field Day/Dances/PI Day/Read Across America Celebration/Junior Aviator Night/etc.
6) Teacher Meetings including I&RS, Team Meetings, IEP meetings, ELL meetings, 504 meetings, Department Meetings, ScIP meetings, School Safety Team Meetings, parent information meetings, and individual teacher meetings.
7) Staff reaching out to parents and students (email/phone call) including assisting struggling students, positive message of the week, or any other positive communication.
8) Meetings (in-person/virtual) with parents and students as needed.