Junior Aviator Parents/Guardians,
I hope that you are enjoying a safe and relaxing summer. I am truly excited to see all of our students back here at school.
Exciting News! Schedules are available on the Genesis Parent Portal. You will receive two emails from the Technology Department. The first email will be a message on how to complete the mandatory forms on Genesis and the second email will instruct you on how to reset your password. You MUST follow these two steps in order to access your child’s schedule for the 2019-2020 school year. After you reset your password and signed off on the required forms, you will have access to your 2019-2020 schedule.
Important information in regards to your child’s schedule:
- We now have an 8 period schedule (formerly 7 periods), which gives our students the ability to have more elective courses. This will expose them to a variety of innovative experiences, which will better prepare them for 21st century careers.
- Art, Mandarin Chinese, Music, Personal Finance, and Theater are our MS Elective Courses. These courses are graded as pass/fail, since they only meet one time per week for the entire school year. *Important to Note: If your child is in Band, they will have it two times per week, which will take the place of two Electives.
- Please make sure to re-check your child’s schedule in Genesis on August 30th. A few minor changes may be made over the next few weeks to even out class sizes.
- 6th and 8th Grade students will have separate lunches. Our 7th graders will be split in half and sharing lunch with either 6th grade or 8th grade students.
- All students will be in Physical Education by grade level. For example, 6th grade students will only be in PE with other 6th grade students. This is the same for 7th and 8th
- Physical Education will now be five days a week with one of the days being Health. We will no longer having floating PE classes. All students will have the same PE teacher for the entire year.
- If there is no Teacher Name attached to a course on your child’s schedule, it simply means that we are awaiting BOE approval before the teacher can officially be inputted into Genesis. You will see the Teacher’s Name after August 29th.
- Students who were placed in Honors courses qualified based on our BOE approved Honors Criteria.
Other important things to know:
- 6th Grade Parent Orientation will be held on August 28th at 7:00 pm We will inform you of everything that you need to know about Hasbrouck Heights Middle School, which will help to ease the transition into our school! Any new parents to the district are also welcomed to attend.
- Welcome Back to School Letter (Opening Day Letter)
- MS Back to School Night will be held on September 24th at 6:30 pm (BTS Invitation).
- The first two days of school are Single-Session days (9/4 & 9/5). Students will be released at 12:24 pm on both days.
We are looking forward to an outstanding school year!
As always, please reach out to me if you have any questions.