Hasbrouck Heights Middle School
365 Boulevard Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
Mr. Joseph Mastropietro, Principal
Mr. Frank D'Amico, Vice Principal
Office Hours- 7:15AM-3:15PM
Main Office / Attendance (201) 393-8170
Middle School Entrance (Students ONLY): Door #15
Parents & Visitors to the Middle School must use Door # 1 on Boulevard (Main Entrance)
Middle School Summer Updates - 4th Edition
Middle School Summer Updates - 3rd Edition
Middle School Summer Updates- 2nd Edition
Middle School Summer Updates- 1st Edition
Jr. Aviator School Supply List 2022-23
MS Summer Reading Assignment Incoming 6-8
MARKING PERIOD 1 (9/7 to 11/15)
8/31: 6th Grade Parent Orientation (7 pm)
9/1: Teacher In-Service (No Students)
9/6: Teacher In-Service (No Students)
9/7: Single Session Day/ 1st Day for Students/ Cycle 1 Begins
9/7: First Day of School Pictures with the Junior Aviator (MS Entrance)
Grade 6 - 1:30 to 2:30
Grade 7 - 2:30 to 3:00
Grade 8 - 3:00 to 3:30
9/9: 6th Grade Ice Cream Social (periods 7 and 8)
9/12: Class Meetings (During PE Periods)
9/15: 8th Grade Washington D.C. Parent Information Night (7 pm)
9/15: 7th Grade Camping Parent Information Night (7:45 pm)
9/15: Start Strong Assessment (ELA and Mathematics)
9/16: Start Strong Assessment (Science Grade 6 only)
9/29 Junior Aviator Back To School Night 6:30 pm
10/5: No School (Yom Kippur)
10/6: Picture Day (During PE Periods)
10/10: No School (Columbus Day)
10/12: PSAT Grades 8th Grade (Half Day for Students)
10/12: Character MVP Day 6th & 7th Grade (Half Day for Students)
10/13: Junior BETA Induction (6:30 pm)
10/20: Cycle 1 Ends
10/21: Cycle 2 Begins
10/28: Halloween Dance (Hosted by PTSA)
10/31: Halloween Dress-Up Day
11/8: In-Service for Staff (no students / Election Day)
11/10: No School (Teacher’s Convention)
11/11: No School (Teacher's Convention)
11/23: Report Cards Issued
MIDDLE SCHOOL CONTACT INFORMATION
MIDDLE SCHOOL GOALS: 2022-2023
Throughout the 2022-23 school year, all assessments will include the standards being assessed. Common Assessments will be tracked on Google Sheets. Link It Data will be utilized by teachers to enhance weak areas. The principal and Vice Principal will also review Lesson Plans, SGOs, LinkIt Benchmarks, Marking Period Assessments, and Google Data Sheets.
1) Marking period assessments with cover sheets in all subject areas
2) LinkIt Benchmark Assessment
3) Data Sheets including Math IXL, Social Studies Writing, Science
IXL, Language Art Writing, and Writing Samples in Elective Courses
4) SGO’s with standards and student grouping/results
5) Lesson plans weekly in Google Teacher Folders
The Middle School will be focused on student growth in all content areas with a strong focus on
ELA and Mathematics.
1) Student Growth measured by LinkIt, SchoolWide, IXL, and Go Math
2) Implementation of SchoolWide and IXL to all students
3) Restructuring of ELA and Math Courses aligned with curriculum
4) Continued Planning with Grade Level and Department (vertical and horizontal articulation)
The Middle School will continue the high level of communication with all of the community stakeholders during this unprecedented time.
1) Friday Folders updates weekly (plus monthly "Mondays with Mr. Mastro."
2) Guidance Newsletters
3) Opening of School (Summer Reading/Supply List/Orientation/Handbook/Schedules/Drop off procedures/Opening Day Letter/Opening Day Assurance Sheet/Class Syllabi/Back to School Night/Title 1 Night (Virtual)/Extra Help Schedule/Important Policies)
4) Middle School news information & articles in the town electronic newspaper (TapInto) involving academics, clubs, and activities.
5) School events including Middle School Play/Geography Bee/Spelling Bee/Beta Induction/Book Fairs/Music Concerts/School Play/Field Trips (including overnight)/Field Day/Dances/PI Day/Read Across America Celebration/Junior Aviator Night/etc.
6) Teacher Meetings including I&RS, Team Meetings, IEP meetings, ELL meetings, and 504 meetings, Department Meetings, ScIP meetings, School Safety Team Meetings, parent information meetings, and individual teacher meetings.
7) Staff reaching out to parents and students (email/phone call) including assisting struggling students, positive message of the week, or any other positive communication.
8) Meetings (in-person/virtual) with parents and students as needed.